Community Capers is a place to showcase and case study some of the most successful online communities out there. Each month we will focus on an issue of community development and a community of practice that demonstrates a highly effective way to address that issue.
Each month we will:
- present a community case story
- hear from guest bloggers from the spotlighted community
- take a guided field trip to the community space
- sit in a round table conversation in the Community Capers Second Life site
- produce of a summary resource as a publication.
The first community will be introduced in June of 2008 and for the coming three weeks I will unpack some of the key findings of my research into successful community building in Internet-mediated Communities of practice (IMCoPs) as a background to our first capers.